Our Family

Our Family

Monday, April 30, 2012

The Surry

During our first Christmas, David gave me the most thoughtful present I have ever received: a heated body pillow.  I tend to be cold. All.The.Time.  Something to do with low blood pressure/poor circulation, blah blah blah.  Anyhow, I love nothing better than to snuggle up with a warm body to ease my chills.  Well, for those of you who don't know about our relationship, David and I spent our first year together in a long-distance relationship.  Therefore, I spent many a chilly Chicago night wishing I had him here to snuggle and warm me up.  So he bought me a heated body pillow and dubbed it the Surrogate David, Surry for short.

Since we are now married and living together everyday (yay!) I rarely have need of the Surry.  It comes in handy on the odd night that I head to the couch by myself to battle insomnia with terrible late-night television.  I break it out and snuggle up and after allowing my brain to become numb, I eventually zonk out.  As it turns out (much to David's chagrin) I tend to enjoy falling asleep being cuddled, but once I am asleep, I turn into a nasty ninja warrior who hates being touched for any reason.  This means that anyone and anything sleeping with me will likely be kicked off of my side of the bed, or in the case of the Surry, right off the couch.  Well, a few months ago, Raisin woke up and decided to join me in the family room.  Before she could make it to the couch, she stumbled (literally) upon a warmth-emitting cushy surface.  From that day forward, she was hooked.

"Y'all have been holding out on me! Hmph!"

As has been previously documented Raisin will snooze on just about any surface.  However, when the Surry is out and heated, this is her number one choice.  She has spent this entire dreary Monday sprawled across its surface.  She hopes that you have a similar cozy spot that makes you feel good on yucky days like today.

"Catch ya on the flip side, loyal readers :)" - R-Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment